The University of the Philippines Center for Women’s and Gender Studies (UPCWGS) and the UP Center for Women’s Studies Foundation, Inc. (UPCWSFI), with the support of the Government of Canada through its Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI), and the Office of the Vice President (OVP), are launching the first Angat Bayi Political Empowerment Fellowship for elected women leaders. Angat Bayi recognizes the fundamental value of women’s political participation in achieving women’s empowerment and national development.
We will select 15 deserving Fellows who will attend an intensive and exclusive series of courses designed and customised specifically for them. The courses will run for three (3) consecutive days over a period of three (3) months.
- Must be occupying the post of Mayor, Vice Mayor, or Councilor in any city or municipality in the country and is running for another term, and is running for a higher position;
- Nominees must be committed to the following values:
- feminist leadership
- inclusive, rights-based, and good governance
- building and protection of democratic institutions and process, and
- development of active citizenship among their constituency;
- Nominees must agree to their nomination
Course I: 15-17 November 2018
Course II: 24-26 January 2019
Any Filipino citizen can nominate qualified women leaders by submitting the required application materials:
- Nomination letter
- Short essay of the nominee (maximum 1 page) on why the candidate deserves to be an Angat Bayi Fellow
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
Angat Bayi Political Empowerment Fellowship
UP Center for Women’s Studies Foundation, Inc.
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City
Telephone/Fax: (02) 9206950
Email: [email protected]
Deadline of application: 5 October 2018 (Friday), 5:00 PM