The Review of Women’s Studies (RWS) is accepting submissions on a rolling basis. Research papers and creative works that explore the myriad experiences of Filipino women and problematize gender relations in Philippine society are welcome. Reviews of current scholarship (local or foreign) and creative works (poems, short fiction, essays, and artworks) are also accepted.
The RWS is a refereed journal published by the University of the Philippines Center for Women’s and Gender Studies (UPCWGS).
The journal serves as a forum where ideas on issues and concerns affecting the lives of women, seen from the analytical perspectives of different disciplines, may be exchanged. It encourages and seeks to publish research that employs feminist methodologies and that adheres to the principles of feminist research, bearing in mind the intersectionality of gender, class, religion, age, and education.
The RWS also features interviews of women through a first-hand account of their experiences to discover and highlight ways in which they have invested their lives with meaning and dignity. Creative works that provide insights into women’s consciousness and give life to their hopes and dreams are equally welcome.
The RWS follows the double-blind peer review process.
Guidelines for Contributors
- Articles must have a high degree of scholarship, and will undergo a process of review and approval for publishing by the RWS editorial board and by selected national referees.
- Articles may be written in English or Filipino. All articles must be accompanied by an abstract of 200 words. Articles in Filipino must be accompanied by a fairly comprehensive abstract in English.
- All contributions must be original, should not have been published previously, and should not currently be under review for publication elsewhere.
- Articles must have a maximum of 8,000 words and book/art reviews should be 6,000 words. When articles include graphs and tables, the maximum should not exceed 50 manuscript pages. All articles must be submitted in Microsoft Word .doc/.docx format.
- Articles should be formatted in A4 paper size.
- Margins should be 1 inch for all edges.
- Font should be Times New Roman, font size 12.
- The article should be accompanied by a cover sheet containing the article title, author’s name, two to three lines of biographical data that include the author’s present position and area of work, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number. Repeat the title on the first page of the article. The author’s name should not appear after the cover page. No identifying information about the author should be included in the submitted manuscript or the abstract.
- All articles should use the APA Style in text citation. Please consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, (7th ed.) regarding notes, references, tables, graphs, diagrams, maps, and photographs.
- When necessary, articles should be accompanied by images (captions included) that are to be published with the text. These should be in separate files and not embedded in the text. A separate text document file should contain a list of the images’ file names and their corresponding captions. It is the author’s responsibility to acquire copyright permissions for work outside of public domain. All images must be submitted in .tiff, .png, or .jpeg format. Images should be high resolution (at least 8.5 inches x 11 inches or 2500 pixels x 3500 pixels at 300 dpi; each file should be at least 1 MB).
Please email your submissions to: [email protected] with “RWS Submission” in the email subject heading. Articles or submissions that do not comply with the guidelines will be automatically returned to the author without comments.
[Updated: 16 February 2021]